About Me

I am a wife, work at home Mom, homeschooler to my 5 year old son, diaper-changer to my twins who will be 1 in October, Domestic Diva, Artist, & Chinese Medicine Practitioner ... who just happens to be Vegan ! I will be using the blog as much as I have time for as an outlet to vent, exclaim victory, and share family stories of events involving food. It's tough being Vegan in a Non-Vegan world ... even more tough living in Houston, Texas. Join me in sharing ideas, tips, recipes, etc. to make our lives a bit easier !

Vegan Blog Tracker

http://www.vegblogs.com/

Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009 - Kickoff VeganMoFo


Today is the first day of VeganMoFo ... The Vegan Month of Food. I am going to join the "mob" and blog every day for the entire month. I needed to increase my blogging frequency and this is the PERFECT opportunity !

On the heals of my 28-Day Vegan Kick-start I am itching to get back some of my "convenience" foods.


Every day we eat ... for nutrition, for comfort, for a sense of community ... in social gatherings, at dining tables, on TV trays, and (sometimes) standing in front of the refrigerator. I have a degree in nutrition. Take from that what you will ... there are plenty of Respiratory Therapists that smoke! :) Taking your own advice is always the difficult part isn't it?

My husband and I are self-proclaimed foodies and enjoy cooking together ... too much sometimes. :) Some people could care less about food ... I am not one of those people ! It's not ALL about recreating dishes from my past pre-Veg life ... modification of lifestyle not withstanding.

Sometimes it's about looking into the eyes of my children and wanting to create nutritious meals that taste GREAT. My husband was brought up in a household where meals were HEALTHY at the expense of flavor ... part of the Fat Free Revolution in the late 80's when plastic cheese and rice cakes reined supreme. :)

Sometimes it's about wanting a chocolate chip cookie the size of a saucer ... or ooey gooey pizza that you would SWEAR has "real" cheese on it. Regardless of the reason I am always searching for innovation in my Vegan kitchen.

No comments: