Sometimes simple is BETTER. There are times when I WANT gourmet food with many steps to prepare ... and a sink full of dishes. There are times when I want comfort food and a casserole in the oven. And then there are SIMPLE meals. Just as much satisfaction with so much less work. :)
Today I am blogging about simple food ... that just happens to be QUICK food too. :) What is YOUR favorite simple dish/meal ?
Mine (hands down) is PASTA. Last night I made 10-minute pasta in one pan ... does it get any better than that ? I'm not including a recipe but rather the method I used. It seems a bit lengthy when typing it out but it's so quick !
1. Non-stick wok or deep skillet with water 1/2 way up the sides
2. Vegetable soup base (instead of salt)
3. Once the water was at a rolling boil I added in enough pasta (linguini) for 4
4. When the noodles were just shy of being done I drained the pasta water/broth off into a mug for later
5. I halved a pint of grape tomatoes, added some minced garlic, and tore in some basil (saving more for finishing)
6. Once all the liquid from the tomatoes was absorbed I added a handful of nutritional yeast and the cup of cooking liquid a little at a time to make for a "creamy" sauce.
7. That was it ... and if I had used angel hair pasta instead of linguini it would have been more like 6 minute pasta ! :)
It had such a great flavor and was mild enough for my oldest son and the babies too ... I just put the "baby" portions in the food chopper to break it down a bit. It's all to taste ... since we were catering to adults and children there was no "heat" but my husband was able to add hot sauce to his in the bowl.
- I am a wife, work at home Mom, homeschooler to my 5 year old son, diaper-changer to my twins who will be 1 in October, Domestic Diva, Artist, & Chinese Medicine Practitioner ... who just happens to be Vegan ! I will be using the blog as much as I have time for as an outlet to vent, exclaim victory, and share family stories of events involving food. It's tough being Vegan in a Non-Vegan world ... even more tough living in Houston, Texas. Join me in sharing ideas, tips, recipes, etc. to make our lives a bit easier !